FUN and CHEAP Events in Phoenix April 2019
FUN and CHEAP Events in Phoenix this April 2019
The weather is getting warm and the events are just sprouting up like crazy around the Phoenix valley. There are a ton of fun and cheap events happening this month. Check out this list to make sure you make the most out of the month of April.
So, what is there to do in Phoenix that is free in April?
A great indoor activity that is fun for all ages are the many museums Phoenix has to offer that are FREE! Keep in mind these museums only have free admission on certain days and at certain times. However, they are very fascinating and educational.
- Heard Museum: Discover impressive cultures of the American Indians in the Southwest. Free admission is 6 p.m.–10 p.m. every first Friday of the month.
- Phoenix Art Museum: Enjoy the Southwest’s largest collection of classic and contemporary art. Get free admission every Wednesday from 3 p.m.–9 p.m.; the first Friday of the month from 6 p.m –10 p.m.; and the second Sunday of the month from 12 p.m–5 p.m.
- Desert Botanical Garden: A garden full of desert plants and acres upon acres of easy walking trails. Admission is free all day the second Tuesday of every month.
- Children’s Museum of Phoenix: “Our hands-on, interactive exhibits are designed to engage the minds, muscles and imaginations of children up to age 10 and the grown-ups who care about them.” Free admission is offered from 5 p.m.–9 p.m. the first Friday of the month.
- Mesa Arts Center: Always free to browse, the Mesa Arts Center is home to Arizona’s art collection.
If museums are not your thing, or if you have already tried them out, don’t worry. There’s an event going on every weekend in April around the Phoenix valley. There are festivals full of food, drinks and live music to appreciate all month long. Get out your calendar and start checking off your weekend plans.
Price: $7/car and $2/paddle craft if you bring your own
Date: April 6th, 8am-5pm
Grab the sunscreen and head out to Lake Pleasant to enjoy different forms of paddling like rafts, canoes, kayaks, stand up paddle boards and so much more. There’s live music, activities and tons of sun.
Date: April 13th, 10am-6pm
Salsa lovers rejoice! This salsa challenge has culinary professionals mixing up the best concoctions they can imagine for you to devour with all the chips you can handle. Wash it down with cold beer or margaritas while the live music plays.
Date: April 13,12pm-9pm & April 14th 12pm-6pm
This festival has it all! Experience 3 stages of live music, a tasting tour of 35 restaurants and food exhibitors, along with tons of beer, wine and cocktail samplings. There will be a family fun zone and alcohol free area so all guests can enjoy their time.
Date: April 13, 10am-7pm & April 14, 10am-5pm
A foodie event designed for the vegan lifestyle, VegOut! is ready to make taste buds dance and surprise the biggest skeptics. Come learn about being vegan, sample some food and enjoy the beer and music.
Date: April 13th, 10am-2pm
This free event is perfect for the whole family. There’s fun for the kids in the kidzone, the petting zoo, pictures with superheroes and princesses, carnival rides, music and more.
Date: April 20th 1pm-10pm
French fries take the spotlight in this fun, delicious and entertaining event. Enjoy live music, craft brews and load of french fry creations.
Date: April 20th 12pm-9pm
When New Orleans meets Phoenix, you get the Great Southwest Cajun Fest. Listen to live jazz music, eat cajun cuisine, participate in eating competitions and enjoy the family friendly fun zone.
Date: April 27th, 10am-3pm
This event will offer over 60 different vendors showcasing food, art and homemade goods. There’s live music and performers from Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Arizona Crafts and Spirits Festival
Price: Starts at $8
Date: April 27th, 3pm-9pm
Get ready to sip and sample the best cocktails and craft spirits. This event is only suitable for those 21 and older. And yes, there will be food.